BLOG 2: MOVIE ADDICTIONS

 

Neev: Hmm, so you were a very studious girl, huh? That booky, geeky, nerd, right?

Dhara: What? Booky, geeky, nerd? I still hate reading books. My hobby and passion both is to get lost in the worlds of movies and TV Serials. I mean main TV ki duniya mei kho jaati hu.

Neev: I know my English is weak, but itni nahi ki sentences ko translate karke dena pade.

(dhara, laughing sheepishly)

Neev: Ok, in this techno-crazy world, you might have watched one or two movies here and there, but calling it your passion…

Dhara: (now feeling offended) Oh hello, you don’t know, I used to pull out my cousin sister’s hair to watch my favourite serials. That’s why they started coming less to our home because my sisters got highly scared of me.

Neev: Yeh thoda zyada nahi ho gaya?

Dhara: You don’t believe me, do you? Ok, let me share you my favourite kissa. You know the movie, krissh?

Neev: Of course

Dhara: So, Dombivli mei tab ke famous theatres bhi single screen hi the. And no online bookings. So dad brought us 4 tickets of a Sunday afternoon. We were so excited. But then, at around 2pm, uss din humne yeh news dekhi that some political gundas had burnt buses and created chaos on the roads. So my dad got very upset that the movie will not be shown, but I was very positive. I said, ‘Dad, 2 bus ki vajah se theatre mei thode hi koi farak padega’ he did not say anything then, so we enthusiastically searched for autos, but did not get any. So we walked the 20 minutes path all ahead and reached the theatre. There a person was announcing that screening of Krissh movie is canceled and that the money will be refunded soon. Mayus se muh latkakar vahi 20 minutes ka road hum chalke vapis ghar aaye. But we did not loose hope. After a week, we arranged a weekday with our neighbors. So me, my mom, my elder sister, my neighbor aunty and her 2 daughters – we all went and came back happily after watching Krissh.

Neev: And your dad?

Dhara: He watched on T.V.

Neev: Uh oh. See, that meanskisi ko zyada interest nahi hai, right?

Dhara: Kisi ka toh pata nahi, but mujhe bahut zyada interest hai. If you are ok, I want to share another such episode.

Neev: Please go ahead.

Dhara: It was new years’ time when Taare Zameen Par movie was released. On 31st December, maine zid ki thi to watch that movie. We went on to watch for the 3 to 6pm slot. But being the new years’ time, it was housefull. The person said that the tickets for 6 to 9 were available. I agreed but mom refused because we had a program planned in our building for the new year party of which I was also a part of. Main maan gai on the condition that we get to watch that movie the next day. On that day, our dance program went very successful. The next day, my mom came up with a new program. Mere uthte hi, she said, ‘beta hum meri friend se mile nahi hain, toh aaj chalein? We can watch your movie later.’ I agreed to her and after a few minutes started wailing like anything. Seeing my condition, my mom had to give up.

Neev: isme toh ab koi shak nahi that you love watching movies, but don’t you think that its kind of an addiction?

Dhara: I will not deny that I have become an addict to these things. But as long as it does not interfere with my academic or daily activities, I am completely fine with it. After all, jo main real life mei nahi dekh sakti, voh mujhe yahi se toh dekhne milta hai.

Neev: But you watch only Hindi?

Dhara: Why not Hindi? See, international is not bad, but Bollywood ki baat hi kuch aur hai.

 Neev: Voh toh hai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मैं हूँ।।

मेरी आशाएँ

YAHAN ULTI GANGA BEHTI HAI: THE STORY OF A UNIQUE GIRL- PROLOGUE