BLOG 1- EXAM IMAANDARIS...!!!

 Dhara: Ok, so let me 1st tell you that I am very honest.

Neev: Please don’t lie. Aaj kal ke zamaane koi Raja Harishchandra nahi hota, and tum itne ache se English kaise bol leti ho? International school mei padhti thi kya?

Dhara: Well, it is just an ordinary State Board School, but yes at that time, it WAS a great deal.

Neev: We are the same age, then how come that time?

Dhara: Because in a place like Dombivli, there are people who are still studying in the vernacular medium schools. And by going against my family rules, battling against the money, my parents got me and my sister to study in St. Therese Convent High School. Of course, when we shifted, I had to change to another convent.

You changed the topic altogether. (Giving an angry look) What was I saying? Haan, main imaandaar hu.

“The best example was that I never copied or helped anyone during exams. That’s what is always taught to us, right? People used to think that I am very selfish. That I never showed answers. I used to even hide my paper from the back students. It was the time when English papers were corrected and given to us to check whether everything was proper or not. I checked the paper and found a counting mistake. The marks given to me were wrong. So, I stood in the line of students who had doubts or similar counting errors. I had obtained 17 on 20, mostly the highest I could get in English. Among the girls, it is always this gossip- ‘Kya puchna hai, Kitne marks mile, oh 17!!’ so I was like yes, there is a counting error and that needs to be rectified. So my classmates were like ‘what, ab isme kya badhaogi. Itne marks toh hai.’ And just like this chit-chatting, my turn arrived. The teacher also seemed a bit frustrated because I never left a chance to irritate her in class by asking the most number of questions and doubts. So she said, “What is your doubt now?”

I said, “Teacher, there is a counting error.”

“What! You need more marks here? Sorry, but this is this highest I can give you” after saying this, my teacher folded the papers to return me back and I stopped by saying, “No, no teacher, you have given me more marks. You have counted 2 extra marks of the option answer.”

And the students standing besides, the teacher, no one could believe this. She then took my papers seriously and counted again. Yes, there were 2 additional marks given to me and she changed those with appreciation.”

Neev: Whoa, this proves that you are a little crazy person. Who in the world does that?

Dhara: Yes, even my parents and friends said me so. But I knew I was right. So…

Neev: So you ARE Honest, aren’t you?

Dhara: Well, till my school years, yes. I did the same even in my 10th standard unit test. Then I still remember the words of my teacher ‘Dhara, I appreciate your honesty and selflessness.’ Later in life, somewhere I lost that pride. It’s not actually easy being honest always.

Neev: As long as I see you, you are still that honest, imaandaar person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मैं हूँ।।

YAHAN ULTI GANGA BEHTI HAI: THE STORY OF A UNIQUE GIRL- PROLOGUE

मेरी आशाएँ